So you’ve hit a wall. There is nothing worse than getting stuck in the daily grind of work, school, holidays, blah, blah, blah… You’re itching to travel, get away from it all, reclaim your sanity, but you’re not sure where to go?
Make Winter Park Your NEXT Escape!
Here are 11 reasons your sanity NEEDs YOU to Escape to Winter Park, Colorado!
ONLY – 67 Miles from Denver.
Don’t want to deal with a rental car or your not-so-snow-worthy car in the mountains? No problem. Catch the Amtrak or Home James Shuttle to Winter Park. Once here, we have accessible (and FREE) transportation throughout town, the resort, and to most lodging in Winter Park and Fraser, Colorado.
Great Lodging Deals!
No matter your budget or the number in your group, you’ll be able to score lodging in Winter Park.
Traveling With a Group?
There’s plenty of lodging available for groups of all sizes and all budgets. In Winter Park you’ll find everything from rustic cabins, to luxurious vacation homes sleeping 2 – 30+, to affordable cabins, ski condos, Bed & Breakfasts, and even yurts*! For great options that will fit your group and your budget.! (*Yurt – A circular tent built on a collapsible framework. Originally used by nomads in Mongolia, Siberia, and Turkey.)
Looking for a WILD Colorado Lodging Experience? Three words, “High Lonesome Hut.” Accessible only by snowshoe, ski, dog sled, or depending on the weather, by foot, this three-story hut is located 2.5+ miles back in the wild. Your neighbors will be moose, coyotes, deer, and the occasional mountain lion.
Cheapest Ski and Ride without spring break crowds!
Early season is full of great deals! (Plus, with most rug rats still in school, you won’t have to worry about plowing them over on the slopes, or visa versa…) Four Pass deals to Winter Park Resort are currently available for as low as $50 a day!
It’s Legal…and We’ve Got Three Retail Marijuana Outlets!
It’s no secret that Colorado is one of a few states where weed is legal. If you’re not interested in “that scene,” you probably won’t even know it’s here…so skip to #5.
If you are interested in “that scene”, or are just curious, we have two dispensaries and a revolutionary growing facility! Take a tour of the 12,500 square foot facility and see hundreds of plants at all stages of life. Next, observe “canna-chefs” as they create, infuse, and bake edibles! In the retail shop, you’ll be able to purchase everything from flower, wax, topical ointments, candies, and more! (It’s all very scientific.)
There’s no better time to strike up a conversation and potentially make friends than when you’re on vacation! Everyone’s got a story to tell, and while traveling you’ve got time to hear it. That’s part of the beauty of traveling! Take a break from your “Snapchat” and chat it up with the local bartender, your lift buddy, or the chick in line behind you…you never know who you might meet, or what insider information they might share with you!
Try a Parking Lot Party.
November and December temps are still enjoyable and you’ll see people grilling, playing Frisbee, and hanging out in the resort lots. (Happen to hit the parking lot on a cold day? Add some “adult beverages” to your menu, and warm up from the inside out.) Don’t know anyone? No problem. Refer to #5.
GET YOUR SPA ON!
If you’re looking to loosen up after a day on the snow, you’re in the right place! With Pamper yourself with a massage, facial, iridology*, reflexology, aromatherapy, a chiropractic adjustment, a yoga class, and more. There are plenty of ways to unwind in Winter Park, Colorado!
(*Iridology reviews the iris for patterns, colors, and other characteristics in order to identify underlying conditions and personality traits.)
Coming to Winter Park is like slowing down. You’ll notice that unless you’re on the slopes, people generally move slower. There is no need to rush.
Embrace it. Chill out. Take time to say hi to a stranger. Hit up the late-night music scene. Slow your roll. Soak it up!
Après Ski Deals and BOOZE
(Need we say more? If not skip to 10)
Après Ski literally means “after ski.” In Winter Park, when the lifts stop for the night, everyone flocks to the restaurants and bars to eat, drink, mingle, and be merry! Nearly every restaurant around offers Après Ski deals, so whether you’re craving sushi, Italian, Chinese, Pizza, or fine dining, we can assure you there are plenty of options that will satisfy you and your budget.
If you’re a connoisseur of the alcoholic variety, we’ve got you covered. With three breweries and two tasting rooms featuring whiskey and wine, you’ll be set!
Get Outta Your Comfort Zone!
When was the last time you did something NEW? If you had to think about that…that’s not a good sign. Winter Park is the perfect place to get outta your comfort zone and give something new a try!
• Need a break from the slopes? Go for a ride on a Fat Bike…(Yes, you can bike in the snow!) There are miles of accessible trails to check out! Plus, with mild weather in November and December, you’ll be set to cruise! Looking to rent a fat bike and get some beginner tips? Hit up the Nordic Center at the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, Devil’s Thumb Ranch, Epic Mountain Sports, Icebox Mountain Sports, or Beavers Sports Shop.
• Take a guided or unguided tour through snow packed and powder trails hitting elevations of 12,000ft+!
• The old skinny ski. If you thought these skis were for “grandma” you were wrong. Nordic skiing is a somewhat extreme sport requiring coordination, balance, stamina, and skill. Try for yourself at Devil’s Thumb Ranch or YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch.
• 4 Hills within 15 miles. We’ve got that covered!
• No, we’re not inviting you to bring your cat skiing, but we are inviting you to get way out of your comfort zone for an experience you’ll remember forever. Get off the slopes and into the beautiful and serene backcountry with Powder Addiction! Catch a SnowCat up to Jones Pass where you’ll enjoy 2,600 skiable acres, 10,500 – 12,500 ski vertical, and 7 – 12 runs a day! Avalanche beacons, packs, shovels, food, guides, transportations, and powder skis are provided! B.Y.O.B. (bring your own board), if you prefer to ride.
The landscape, authenticity, culture, and experiences of Winter Park are captivating. Whatever you decide to do while you’re here, be sure you take time to look around, appreciate nature, the mountains, people, the sun, and your life. If you’re looking for perspective, chances are you’ll find it. It’s pretty hard to dwell on “petty junk” when you are surrounded by the mountains and endless opportunities!
Do it for your sanity. Do it for yourself.
Make Winter Park Your NEXT Escape!